[MVLUG] Software Freedom Day + Install Fest?

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Thu Aug 2 23:49:36 MDT 2007

That sounds like a *terrific* idea.  The semester starts August 22, so
this is the fourth Saturday of the semester.  I'd prefer a week or two
earlier so we're catching the students right when they're learning
they might like to have Linux, but tying it in with SFD seems like a
good reason to delay it a little bit.

Unfortunately, we're too late for the free shirts and stickers....

Note:  we have SH124 reserved for our meeting Tuesday (though I'm not
quite clear on whether anybody will be able to attend....  is it just
Don, Hans and me?).

One other note -- my new phone has arrived, and it's even got Tux on
the screen when it boots!  The warnings about the state of the
software were completely accurate; it really needs a lot to be useable
as a phone...