[MVLUG] Install Fest 2k7 FALL

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Wed Aug 22 16:35:20 MDT 2007

Shaun Hadfield writes:
>Quoting Joe Pfeiffer <joseph at pfeifferfamily.net>:
>
>> Shaun is probably in as good a position as anybody to check this
>> out, since he's > (presumably) got access to copies of Vista that
>> can be used to recover a PC that's left unbootable.
>
>Er, uh.... yeah of course, sure, why wouldn't I?....
>
>Actually yeah - I can have a Vista DVD on hand for just-in-case
>scenarios.  The beautiful thing about Vista is that one DVD pretty
>much covers all needs - the product key is what determines the SKU
>installed.  Now if they could fix everything else....

I actually meant so you could try taking a Vista machine, reformat the
disk, install Linux, and make sure there was a known-good procedure
before the install fest.  I was figuring you could probably use a shop
machine as a guinea pig, and be able to make several tries with a
Vista reinstall after disasters.