[MVLUG] Install Fest 2k7 FALL

Jonathan Lindsey jlindsey at 3drc.com
Wed Aug 22 21:17:33 MDT 2007

Comes with xp.
-J

-Jonathan Lindsey

________________________________

From: mvlug-list-bounces at mvlug.org on behalf of Shaun Hadfield
Sent: Wed 8/22/2007 4:29 PM
To: MVLUG
Subject: RE: [MVLUG] Install Fest 2k7 FALL

Quoting Jonathan Lindsey <jlindsey at 3drc.com>:

> well, one of the first things I'm going to do with my new laptop is
>  multi-boot xp, vista, and linux.

Be advised that the 14" Vostro / Inspiron is particularly
under-supported as far as drivers and support software for Windows XP.
   The two 15" and one 17" models are a little bit better, but not
greatly.  I had to cherry-pick drivers from all three of the Intel
models' support pages, as well as from the last-generation 14"
Inspiron, in order to properly set up a 14" Vostro with Windows XP.

--Shaun
syrrus at epop3.com