[MVLUG] Install Fest 2k7 FALL

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Wed Aug 22 23:53:20 MDT 2007

Don McCoy wrote:
> Lesson?  AFAICT, the latest windows offering does not wish to play
> nice.  Haven't checked lately to see if partition tools have been
> updated to address these issues.  My advice is to avoid them.  Use a
> second hard disk, or run linux through a VM (then it is just a file on
> the NT partition, right?).

In my opinion, the best solution is to run windows in a VM on top of Gnu/Linux.

Then you can boot into your favorite OS and do everything you need to do. And
when you have some task that you have not figured out how to do using free
software (yet), you can boot up the VM without having to shut down and reboot.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com