[MVLUG] Belated New Year's Greetings

Derek Ruff ruffderek at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 09:02:37 MST 2007

I've been reading this list for a while now.  Haven't
made any meetings (schedule conflicts).

I just installed Slackware on my daughter's PII 350.
She wanted Knoppix but it just isn't fast enough.
Should install more memory, anyway.

I'd like to see evening meetings on M-Th.  I play with
debian, knoppix, slack, fedora.  Work is debian and
fedora.

My kids biggest gripe with linux is firefox plugins.
They use firefox on winxp without problems but in
linux they keep finding sites that require win
specific things.  Any tips?

derek