[MVLUG] June meeting

Don McCoy don2718 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 17:48:23 MDT 2007

I've made a bit of progress towards a new MVLUG web site and would like
to propose we use MoinMoin for a wiki in order to allow any member to
post information (or make corrections).  This strikes me as an essential
step towards just about anything the lug might want to do: add members,
organize event, etc...  It is very low maintenance except for a few
admin tasks like registering users.  From that perspective, I can't see
a good reason *not* to do this.  It certainly does not speak well of our
group that our website is so dated.

That being said, it immediately raises the question as to the site
content.  I really don't want to get derailed on issues related to this,
which I think is easy to do (look up 'bikeshedding' in the urban
dictionary), so I'd like to propose we have a bit of discussion and
somehow ratify or confirm what the group stands for at a high level and,
it follows, what our home page is going to say.

/That/ being said, I'm going to take the initiative and make some
suggestions at the meeting.  As my opinion is no more or less important
than anyone else's (so this author asserts!), I'd like to hear what
other's have to say.  Once I've dismissed everyone else's ideas, I hope
to push through my agenda and shape the group according to my wishes.
Just kidding.  But seriously, I don't want that to happen or I'll find
myself a member of a group with exactly one member.

So, if you could sum it up in just a few sentences, what purpose would
you say the MVLUG serves?  Or "should serve?" perhaps, as this applies
to things we might do in the future as well.

Regards,

Don