[MVLUG] Topic List Revisted

Shaun Hadfield syrrus at epop3.com
Wed May 30 10:19:43 MDT 2007

Since my experience in this department seems to be ever expanding, I
believe a good topic would be dealing with exotic and troublesome
hardware.  This is what I should be able to bring to the table thus far,
for ubuntu and debian at least (SuSE with some experimentation):

-Cranky ATI cards (inc. getting compiz working on ubuntu)
-Broadcom-based wireless cards (both native driver and ndiswrapper)
-Reading/Booting from Psuedo-hardware RAID controllers using dmraid.
This topic includes installing on such setups using ubuntu and debian
(neither play nice), and possibly SuSE if the opportunity arises to play
more.  Psuedo-hardware RAID controllers include Promise FastTrak,
VIA/Intel/nVidia on-motherboard controllers, and a couple Silicon Image
controllers as well

Anyone else have cranky hardware experience to donate to this topic idea?

--Shaun @ MDC
syrrus at epop3.com