[MVLUG] Topic List Revisted

Michael Simmons msimmons at fastwave.biz
Wed May 30 18:36:32 MDT 2007

Don McCoy wrote:

>>  ChatterBots, Alice and some others
>>    A topic on the state of natural language and how they interact.
>>    Possibly some sort of contrasting with expert systems?
>>
> This sounds interesting.  I'm old enough to remember when Eliza (sp?)
> first came out, but that's about it.  Can you do all or part of a
> presentation on this?

I would have to do research to know what the current state of the art
is.  I've only seen one or two in action, never delved into how they
actually work.  I may make time to research this.  If I do I will try to
hook one up on the IRC channel for folks to play with.

>> I could possibly do something on the virtualzation front.  I have
>> VMware and QEMU on my mac.
> Cool.  This is highly relevant as I'd like a few more machines than I
> can afford to buy.  My company seems to have some affinity for QEMU as
> well (in the form of a contributor or two).

I can easily demonstrate XP (with vmware) on the mac currently.  I tried
to get freedos going once, but it didn't get real far.  This is
something that I could give a 15 min talk on in about a weeks notice.
If you want real meat, give me a little longer to try some more advanced
stuff out with qemu.

Michael