[MVLUG] more slow home controller

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Sun Jul 12 18:00:34 MDT 2009

Michael Simmons writes:

>On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Joe Pfeiffer<joseph at pfeifferfamily.net> wrote:
>> Karl F. Larsen writes:
>>
>>>       Joe I have looked at all your information and your problem is NOT a
>>>problem of Linux. It appears your controller needs a driver not in Linux
>>>so your out of luck.
>>
>> How can a problem with a device that I'm communicating with through
>> standard HTTP requests on the network *possibly* be a missing driver?
>
>Could it be a mismatched NIC driver on the linux box?  e.g. A driver
>that should cover a family of NICs, but doesn't work perfectly with
>yours?

My laptop talks far too successfully on far too many networks for that
to be it -- also, while I focussed on the laptop to maintain a
consistent basis for comparison, I see the same behavior with every
linux box in my house, on a variety of NICs.  And my google phone.

I'm guessing it'll turn out to be something like trouble because of
that microscopic window size or something.