[MVLUG] Linux InstallFest this Saturday!

Joe Pfeiffer pfeiffer at cs.nmsu.edu
Wed Sep 2 08:15:40 MDT 2009

The Mesilla Valley Linux Users Group will be holding the Fall 2009
Linux InstallFest this Saturday (September 5) from 10:00 to whenever
we finish, in SH124 (the CS conference room).

We'll have installation CDs for SUSE (since that's what the CS
department uses) and Ubuntu (since that's used in ECE, and it's
probably the easiest-to-install and maintain distribution).  If you've
got another distribution you'd like to try, let us know.

You bring your computer or laptop, and we'll try to help you
repartition your disk and install Linux.  This is open to everybody,
not just CS majors.

So:  if you'd like help with an install, or you can help other people
(whether you've ever been to an MVLUG meeting before or not), come on
down!  I'll have some coffee there in the morning, and we
traditionally have pooled our money for pizza around noon.

We do ask that you be there before noon if you'd like help.  We don't
plan on starting any more installs after that time.

You can learn more about MVLUG at http://mvlug.org
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (575) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (575) 646-1002