[MVLUG] 8 bogus beliefs of Linux community

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Thu Sep 9 08:36:58 MDT 2010

Karl Larsen writes:

>     I Think any comparison of Linux to Windows is stupid. The Windows
>user had to pay money for that operating system and it will load easy
>but not work well.

There's actually nothing wrong with comparing apples and oranges.  I'm
just arguing that trying to genetically engineer the orange to make it
a better apple (not Apple!) is a mistake.

>     The Linux user gets his operating system for free but it takes a
>little skill to install it. Once a new version like Ubuntu version
>10.04.1 is installed and updated it is far more capable than Windows. I
>think all the current versions of Linux maintain the configurability you
>like.

Compare configuring menus and interaction between fvwm (the gold
standard of "it'll do what I want it to") and compiz fusion.