[MVLUG] 8 bogus beliefs of Linux community

Charles Cossé ccosse at asymptopia.org
Thu Sep 9 09:58:06 MDT 2010

More random thoughts at taxpayer's expense:

Obviously there is enormous latent potential w.r.t. Linux ... but in many
areas it goes unrealized as self-organization fails to occur.  In fact, in
all the examples where things do manage to get self-organized, they
subsequently turn into competative little enclaves ... just human-nature at
work.  I would venture to guess that much of the opensource software out
there was developed in the context of future plans to develop something
proprietary that makes money.  And further, that opensource's potential in
many areas will remain unrealized as long as ways of making money by means
of developing  opensource in those areas remain elusive.