[MVLUG] state of the desktop world

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Fri Aug 5 13:32:54 MDT 2011

This is interesting:  sounds like few people like Ubuntu's unity, and
*nobody* likes gnome 3.0.

Meanwhile, Torvalds has switched to xfce, which is the same desktop
I've been using for a while now.  Xubuntu is a version of Ubuntu with
xfce (and is what I've been running on my laptop).

When I ping the instructors regarding which distributions and packages
they want, I'll also check on desktops...

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Torvalds-blasts-GNOME-3-plus-KDE-47-and-Netflix-for-Linux/
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.                 http://pfeifferfamily.net/
1440 Tierra del Sol Dr                         575.525.2764 (H)