[MVLUG] Spring 2011 Linux InstallFest

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Thu Jan 13 10:40:33 MST 2011

Hi, Paul -- just a quick note to let you know that the Mesilla Valley
Linux Users Group will be holding an InstallFest to help anyone who is
interested to install Linux on their personally owned computers.

We will be helping to install both Ubuntu and Fedora, in both native
dual-boot and virtualbox deployments.

In past semesters, Heather's students found having a VirtualBox Ubuntu
installation very helpful in doing homework away from the lab.

We'll be having the InstallFest on Saturday, January 22, starting at
10:00 AM.  In order to get out at a reasonable time, we won't be
starting any fresh installs after noon.  There's no charge for this,
but we do normally take up a collection so we can send out for pizza
around 11:30.

Anyway, if you'd like to announce this to your students this semester,
they'll be more than welcome!