[MVLUG] Install Fest / Virtual Machine Meeting

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Fri Jan 14 02:09:19 MST 2011

On Thursday, January 13, 2011 09:19:57 pm Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> In light of
> http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/12/gooseberry-natural-resources-are-huge-assholes/
> (and that's just the coolest URL I've ever seen) I have to think that
> an XML schema for restaurant menues ought to be patentable and we
> should all have royalties beyond the dreams (and I dream big) of
> avarice for the rest of our great-grandchildren's lives....

Structured restaurant menus is (was?) a startup idea, I had actually.

What's stopped it short: restaurants have copyright on their menus. They cannot be reproduced (including on the Internet) without a license.

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

Gordon's Law: If you think you have the solution, the question was poorly phrased.
-- None (133)