[MVLUG] Thanks for coming to the Linux Install Fest! Invitation for survey and mailing list

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:25:22 MST 2011

On 01/26/2011 08:46 PM, jlaselut at nmsu.edu wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Hello everyone I actually have a question with the linux program that was
> installed. When I open the program a window pops up and asks me to download
> updates. So are these updates necessary or should I just forget about them and
> keep on using the program? Thanks get back to me as soon as you can.
>
> Jeremy Laselute

     Hi Jeremy, different than Widows 7, Ubuntu Linux is a work in
progress. People find errors in the version you have and send you a fix
for the problem. I have always trusted these people and installed the
Updates as they arrive. As you learn about Ubuntu, you will learn how to
delete an Update if it causes a problem.

73 Karl