[MVLUG] meeting next Monday?

g gordon at crucians.net
Wed Mar 2 20:04:23 MST 2011

On 2011.03.02 0008, jlaselut at nmsu.edu wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Hi guys I am currently having some trouble with the ubuntu program. It's not
> major but for some reason my num pad will not work while I'm in the program. I
> was wondering if I did something like toggled a setting without my knowing or if
> its something else. So if you can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.
>
> Jeremy Laselute

By default, Linux starts up with NumLock turned off. This is a holdover
from the dark ages and causes headache and confusion for casual users
and newbies alike. (Turning off NumLock causes the numpad to behave like
cursor control keys instead of numbers.) If toggling the NumLock key
while in the virtual machine does not fix the problem, it could be
other, bigger issues at play. Let the list know if that's the case.

-gordon