[MVLUG] Fwd: CreateCamp NM hackathon, Dec 7–9

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Sun Dec 2 17:26:15 MST 2012

In case anyone is interested…

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CreateCamp NM hackathon, Dec 7–9
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 17:25:45 -0700
From: Samat K Jain <samat at samat.org>
To: nmpg at googlegroups.com <nmpg at googlegroups.com>

There's another hackathon event in Albuquerque this coming weekend:

https://createnm2012-efbevent.eventbrite.com/

I'm tentatively going. If anyone else is intending on attending and
would like to split hotel costs, I'd love to do so. I'm not sure I can
carpool yet.

If you're not a good programmer, there will be presentations/talks on
Saturday on various topics (no schedule yet), as well as some
initiatives to deploy various Code for America Apps for the City of
Albuquerque:

http://brigade.codeforamerica.org/applications

I don't think the deployment stuff requires programming experience;
it'll probably be a focus on system administration, setting up the
systems, and simply finding/adding content.

There was a hackathon event in July. I attended the team I joined and I
built an app for keeping track of Albuquerque's buses (tells you where
they are, how long till one arrives at a stop, etc).

Web: http://abqwtb.com/
Source: https://github.com/Code66-2012/busapp

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA