[MVLUG] Wireless in Ubuntu Issue [Resolved]

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Tue Jan 24 15:43:13 MST 2012

On 01/24/2012 01:24 PM, Jonathan Lindsey wrote:
> For the last two hours, I've been having a connection problem here at
> International Delights.  For some odd reason my wireless card would see
> the network and connect, but shortly after would disconnect.  I thought
> it was a problem with the wireless router, as my wireless works anywhere
> else.  I started messing with the settings and noticed something under
> the ipv6 tab that was causing this connect and disconnect.  I have
> attached to this email a picture that shows you a greyed out check box.
>   In this particular case, IPV6 was set to automatic, and that box was
> enabled and checked.  This was causing my issue.  I have since disabled
> IPv6 for the IDCafe network and am now connected.

Was ID's wireless router broadcasting IPv6 addresses/routes? It
shouldn't matter whether the IPv6 is enabled or not otherwise.

World IPv6 Day, part II, is June 8, 2012—on that day IPv6 will be turned
on and *left* on.

I always have problems w/ ID's WiFi, with WiFi working on both my laptop
and phone everywhere else. I still blame their router.

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> ▪ GPG: 0x4A456FBA